Busy Lifestyle? 4 Tips for Eating
The majority of us have a very active and busy lifestyle running from place to place, work, kids, gym, shopping, the list goes on and on. It makes it almost impossible to eat healthy and have a nutrition plan in place so that you reach your fitness & nutrition goals.
I will be the first one to say that it isn’t easy eating right when you’re on the go but it can be made easier if you follow these simple tips below.
- Prepare your foods for at least 2-4 days out: Cooked brown rice will last up to 3 days tops, Cut up green and red peppers will last a couple of days or more, you can even boil eggs for a couple of days out and it makes them easier to eat on the go, these are just a few foods that can be prepared ahead of time for eating success. There are many more foods that can be prepared ahead of time: Chicken, fish, meats, Quinoa, sweet potatoes……the list goes on!
- Pre-Plan the night before: Once you have completed step 1 you then pack a cooler, and if the days are long, get ice packs, this will help to keep your food fresh. Today they even have hot pot style coolers for hot foods. We stress this one since if nothing is ready for you in the morning you are less likely to take time that morning to prepare. It takes just 15-20 minutes the night before to plan your meals and snacks for the next day. If you have everything you need in one spot you are less likely to find yourself at your local burger joint down the road.
- Bring a water bottle with you everywhere you go: Water is the key to everything we do. It carries nutrients into your blood stream and feeds your muscles. It helps to flush toxins from your body! Think of water as a car, it helps get the good in and the bad out. Next time you feel extremely hungry ask yourself how much water you have had, I’ll bet not enough. We often mistake being dehydrated with feeling hungry and all we need is water. Don’t mistake it!
- Eat every 3 hours: Eating every 3 hours ensures that you stay energized throughout the day while revving up your metabolism to help burn more calories. Your body is a car, keep it fueled!
- This one does deserve a sidebar as with intermittent fasting, keto, and so many other nutrition plans out there, which one will work for you?
- This is where we help to customize a plan for you and what works for you lifestyle.
Here is my meal plan that I use when I know I will be running around that day.
- 5am Oatmeal & Blueberries, 1 Whole egg
- 7am Cottage Cheese & Autumn Wheat Cereal
- 9:30-10am Egg Whites & Pear
- 12pm Turkey, Salad with Tomatoes, Olives, Artichokes & more!
- 2:30pm Tuna Wrap
- 5:30pm Steak, Sweet potato and Asparagus
- 8pm Yasso Bar
Remember to adjust for workout days and non workout days and include those pre/post workout meals into your days if you are working out.
Now remember this is my meal plan and is not for everyone but it gives you an idea of how to plan your day. I am a creature of habit and it might seem boring but it does make it easier to stay on track.
Set Your Soul on Fire & Awaken the Warrior Within
If you want to schedule a free consult with us to get your customized meal design created contact us here:
Phone: (800) 931 – 9931
Soul Warrior Consulting, Inc. is a Health & Wellness Company. They change peoples lifestyles! Located at Pro-Fitness Plus 333 Boston Rd, Billerica MA 01821 they have Group Training Classes, Personal Training, Nutrition Programs, Meal Plans & Food Psychology Coaching. Setup your free consult and see for yourself!